Saurik has launched an updated version of Cydia after a long wait. The update came with many new Cydia 1.1.14 features. As we all know the Pangu an iOS 8 / 8.1 jailbreak was released last week. But it didn’t came with Cydia. You had to install it manually. Although the Cydia Substrate caused a lot of issues. With some updates for Cydia Substrate, the iOS 8 jailbreak was still buggy. When setting a Passcode there were bootloops, also app crashes, random resprings.
But with new version of Cydia 1.1.14 you will not face with such problems. Cydia 1.1.14 fixes all of them. Because if iDevice is jailbroken, Cydia will advertise you for the update. You can just install it on your device. Don’t worry about your phone rebooting or going into bootloop. It is already fixed.
Cydia 1.1.14 also brought multitasking iOS 8 support. It also frees users from the annoying ads that without prompting were redirecting to the App Store.
If you haven’t decided to jailbreak device or not here is all list of Cydia 1.1.14 changing:
iOS 8 Passcode Compatibility
- Cydia no longer causes your device to lock up while booting on iOS 8 when you use a passcode. We recommend you use a passcode for security.
(Under Settings, go to “Touch ID & Passcode”, and “Turn Passcode On”.)
- If you have installed unsupported stashing modifications, you may want to restore and jailbreak again, instead of directly installing this update (those modifications are unsupported).
Multitasking Support on iOS 8
- Cydia now backgrounds almost like a regular application (but only on iOS 8). This has been a major architectural change: please alert us to any issues.
- This allows you to switch back/forth between Cydia and other applications (such as Safari, or the Google two-factor authentication app) without losing your package selection state.
New Window and Hijack Blocking
- One of the biggest complaints about Cydia and other jailbreak issues in the last year has been a new kind of ad seen on some repositories: a sudden redirect to the App Store.
- Cydia now blocks “popups” and asks the user before opening the App Store.
Partial iPhone 6 Plus Support
- Cydia supports rotation on the iPhone 6 Plus and has a new @3x icon and tabbar. Cydia renders at the native resolution on both the 6 and 6 Plus.
Videos Work Again (on iOS 7.1-8.1)
- Cydia on iOS 7.1 had an issue where playing video would cause the device to “lock up”. This bug has finally been fixed! The new iOS 8 video issue (a YouTube error message) is also fixed.
Localization Works Now on iOS 8
- Users of Cydia 1.1.13 (only available via a manual installation process) may have noticed Cydia only displayed in English . This has been fixed! Yay!
- Queue Status is “Less Incorrect”
- Sometimes Cydia would not have packages queued but claim it did, or would have packages queued and claim it did not; this happens less ;P.
The next update of Cydia 1.1.14 is already exists. Version 1.1.15 includes:
- Fix incompatibility with cache wipers (such as iCleaner) that cause Cydia to crash when you try to run it after.
- Correct rotation to only on tablets to match Apple’s UI style guidelines.
- Make Installed tab icon consistent.