Great news! Now you can download Pangu jailbreak for iOS 8.1 firmware on your favorite mobile phone. The jailbreak for iOS 8 and iOS 8.1 has been just launched by the Pangu team.
Here is the list of devices that are compatible both with iOS 8 and 8.1 jailbreak:
- iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c,
- iPad 2, iPad 3, iPad 4 and iPad Air
- 5th generation iPod touch
- 1st gen iPad mini and Retina iPad mini
The Pangu is the first team that make the jailbreak for iPhone 6 owners and iPhone 6 Plus. They have gone on sale just month ago. The jailbreak for Mac will be released in the near future. But for Windows it is already available.
Before you start to jailbreak your device please read these important notes:
- The Pangu jailbreak tool is tested on most iDevices successfully. But to avoid your information be lost, please backup your data. Also in the iCloud settings close the “find my iPhone” feature. And the screen password lock should be turned off.
- If the firmware upgraded via OTA causes failure, you should download the latest firmware. And then restore iDevice. The Pangu team added to iOS 8 toll the function restore iDevice and do the activation automatically. After restoring push the jailbreak button. Then the device will be activated by Pangu and force the jailbreak.
- If you will see “Storage capacity is almost full” – it would not influence on the result.
- You cannot use afc2 plug-ins at current time because Apple put many adjustments to the system.
- Please do not delete “com.apple.mobile.softwareupdated.plist”, because it will cause system failure.
- It is recommended to enable the Airplane mode and also to close Wifi. Then you can try to jailbreak. If it doesn’t work you should restart devices and then try again. If it fails, please take the Pangu restore function and try jailbreak again.
- The current release doesn’t include Cydia and many plug-dependent Substrate framework . They can not be used in iOS 8 and iOS 8.1. Because it has got many changes in its system.
- These are basic rules that are shared by the Pangu Team that are unlikely to be changed, even when a more stable version packaged with Cydia is available a little later.